PERSISTANT PROTECTOR Release

 




Title: Persistent Protector
A Cocky Hero Club Novel
Author: Barbra Campbell
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: June 13, 2021


Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward are excited to bring you the Cocky Hero Club: original works from various authors inspired by Keeland and Ward's New York Times bestselling Cocky Bastard series.


BLURB

With little more going for me than a lenient judge who assigned community service hours instead of jail, I had to get my life under control.
That meant distancing myself from friends who weren’t ready to come clean.
Fulfilling the mandated service hours at the animal shelter occupied my spare time and gave me a sense of purpose—a belief that I could do good in the world. And while the pseudo-friendship I’d developed with the shelter Director helped, it didn’t fill my loneliness.
Because my life options rarely presented themselves in a timely or convenient manner, I found myself torn between two dating prospects. One had pulled himself up from a sordid past, just as I was trying to do. He offered comfort and understanding, and didn’t balk at being my first ever committed, exclusive relationship.
The other guy made my heart happy, my legs weak, and elicited a flurry of sexual thoughts, but came along one commitment too late. Or were those the reactions of my usual non-committal self, believing the grass was always greener on the other side?
The more I learned about the new people in my life, the more I learned that first impressions shouldn’t always be trusted.
Everyone had a past.
Everyone had a mission.
And like usual, luck wasn’t on my side.
Untangling the good from the bad could mean risking everything.
But for once, I wasn’t only worried about myself. The result of my actions could bring harm to the closest person I had to a friend, the Director of the animal shelter, and her ridiculous pet goat.
Could my past prove useful for unraveling the deceit and lies crafted by the man I’d let into my heart? And would my actions ruin the best chance I’d ever had at finding true love?
Doing the right thing wasn’t my forte, but there was no time left to sort out my options.

Persistent Protector is a steamy insta-love romantic suspense inspired by Cocky Bastard.





Review:
Mia is trying her hardest to get her life together. After making bad decisions after bad decisions it's time to right the wrongs. She's not just learning about herself, but others around her as well. When she meets a guy that makes her heart pitter-patter she knows that nothing can happen even though she wants it to. But she also meets someone who is just there with her and to pass the time. When the one guy keeps coming back into her life she knows it's time to listen. She wants to be better for herself and him. Can she learn and grow? Or will the one she doesn't want get in the way? A life lesson to the purest. 



PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited








EARLY REVIEWS FOR
PERSISTENT PROTECTOR

"...a fun read with a little twist of suspense."

"From the moment Grant comes into the picture you'll be rooting for him."

"This book takes a twist you don't quite see coming. It will have you turning the pages wanting to know what's going to happen next. I enjoyed this quick read and how it intertwined with the original series."

"An enjoyable fast-paced book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. "

"Y'all are just gonna have to read this awesome book to find out allll the things!!! "

"This book was delightful and it didn’t disappoint. "



JUNE RELEASES








AUTHOR BIO

Barbra Campbell writes dirty-sweet romance because she gets a kick out of helping couples overcome problems as they fall in love, even if it’s her fault they have problems in the first place.
After pursuing degrees in Genetics for nearly a decade, she realized the ‘chemistry’ of romance was a lot more fun to write about than the biochemistry of how our bodies work. She shared her stories with the world, was a finalist in a bunch of romance contests, and traded her lab coat for a laptop.
All of this was done with her college sweetheart by her side. He helps her pursue the HEA on a daily basis, even when she has her mind on sexy book boyfriends and cover models.
When Barbra’s not writing, she’s likely to be taking a walk, petting one or more of her many animals, or playing the cello! Visit BarbraCampbell.com for more.






COCKY HERO CLUB



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ