HOOKED Release Boost

 




Title: Hooked
Series: Never After #1
Author: Emily McIntire
Genre: Dark Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 7, 2021


BLURB

Once upon a time, there was a little boy.
His belly full of laughter, his life full of joy.
Until one day something changed; stripped his innocence away.
The hole inside making space for the devil to come and play.
His dreams gone forever, he grew up way too fast.
An endless night of crocodiles and watches made of glass.
He grew into a villain, the taste of vengeance on his tongue.
Craving to make his enemies pay for the misdeeds they had done.
Instead he found a darling girl and refused to let her go.
For what better way to make a man pay, than to steal his little shadow.







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

“Beautiful,” he says.

It’s one word, but it caresses me like velvet, my insides purring at his approval. “You too.”

He smirks. “You think I’m beautiful?”

His tone is playful, and it ignites that same foreign fire from the first night we met, when I wondered what it would feel like to be a different type of Wendy. My eyebrow quirks. “What, you think a man can’t have beauty?”

“A man can have many things, darling.” He steps in closer. “But the only beauty I hope to have tonight is yours.”

My stomach flips, butterflies bursting like a cannon. “Your mouth should be illegal,” I mutter. “So… where are you taking me?”

Angie laughs. “Who cares where he’s taking you, girl? Just go.” She makes a shooing motion with her hands.

James glances her way before resting his palm on my lower back. “She’s right, you know. You should relax, let me wine and dine you properly.” He leans in, his lips skimming the top of my ear. “And if you’re a good girl, maybe I’ll show you the real reason why my mouth should be illegal.”

Heat floods my body, swirling through my insides and pulsing between my legs. I huff out a surprised breath, my fingers pushing against his chest. “That’s extremely presumptuous.”

His eyes sparkle, his hand never leaving my back as he moves me toward the door. “Just letting you know what’s on the menu.”

He leads me outside to a blacked-out Audi. My hand reaches to grasp the handle, but before I can, he’s there, opening the door and helping me in. My heart skips. Such a simple gesture, but one that makes me feel special. Taken care of.

“I feel like I should be offended,” I say as he slides into the driver’s seat.

He grins, starting the car but leaving it idle as he twists to look at me. “Why?”

“You just told me to be a good girl, and you’d… you know.”

His brow rises. “I’m not sure I do.” He moves quickly, leaning over the console, his body crowding me until I press back against the seat. He skims his nose up my neck, and my stomach cramps so tight I lose my breath. “Because I want to put my mouth on you?” His lips dance from my ear down my jaw until they’re hovering above mine. My heart slams against my chest. I am so out of my element. “I promise you’d like it,” he whispers.

And just like that, his body heat disappears as he moves to his side of the car and reverses out of the lot.






AUTHOR BIO


Emily McIntire is an Amazon Top 20 best selling author of painful, messy, beautiful romance. She doesn’t like to box herself into one subgenre, but at the core of all her stories is soul deep love.
A long time songwriter and an avid reader, Emily has always had a passion for the written word, and when she’s not writing you can find her waiting on her long lost Hogwarts letter, chasing her crazy toddler, or lost between the pages of a good book.


AUTHOR LINKS




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ