The CAPTAIN Release

 




Title: The Captain
Series: Chesterboro University #1
Author: Josie Blake
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: September 13, 2021


BLURB

Cord Spellman might be everyone’s Prince Charming, but I’m only his fake Cinderella.

Since my dad died and my mom bailed, I’ve been living in a trailer park, barely making ends meet. I can take care of myself, as demonstrated by my acceptances to a handful of elite music graduate programs. So what if funding my success has meant sacrificing my college social life?

That’s why Cord’s offer is perfect. The hot hockey star has playoffs coming up. He doesn’t have time for girls, especially his cheating ex who’s determined to get back together with him. He needs to focus on his game, so he asks me to divert the attention—as his fake girlfriend.

I pretend to be in love with him and get a taste of the party life before graduation. Cord is free to concentrate on hockey. But when the line blurs between what’s real and what’s fake, can we create our own fairy tale ending?







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

“Thank you for sticking up for me.”
The way she says it, it sounds like it’s a rare occurrence, and I wonder exactly what this girl has to deal with in her life. I’ve seen her around and know she works at the library, but I assumed she’s like all the Chesterboro kids, raised wealthy or at least well-enough off. She certainly has the confidence of the rest of them. But Hannah looks like someone used to relying on herself.
I have the sudden raging desire to be someone she can lean on.
To avoid all that, I pop the trunk, slide out, grab her guitar out of the back, then slam the trunk closed. She joins me, hiking the same leather bag she’d carried on Friday onto her shoulder. “Have a good jam session.”
She wrinkles her brow and nose as if trying to figure something out. “It’s a composition class.”
“Writing?”
“No.” She laughs, and the sound hits me in the groin. “Music composition.”
“So writing music. Like I said.” She laughs again, and the sound makes me so happy, I immediately want to hear it again.
“Right.” She shrugs her guitar onto her back. I hadn’t realized the case had straps like a backpack. “Thanks again for the ride.”
“No problem.” I step back and clear my throat.
She grins. My gaze drops to her mouth, lingers. I stifle the sudden urge to step closer, to get into her space, to cover her lips with mine. She’s lovely, sure, but I’ve met lots of pretty girls. There’s something about her, though, a thread of steel that makes me want to learn everything she’s trying to hide behind her walls.
Except she said she wasn’t interested, and getting any closer to her isn’t an option for me. I’ve got playoffs coming, and it’s my last chance to impress scouts. My life doesn’t need any more complications. That means it doesn’t need Hannah Marshall.






AUTHOR BIO

Josie Blake writes college-set, hockey romance with sass and emotion. Originally from a small town in western Pennsylvania, she now battles traffic in southern New Jersey where she lives with her hero husband and their happily-ever-after: two very energetic sons. When she isn’t writing, she can be found next to a hockey rink or swimming pool, cooking up something sweet, or hiding from encroaching dust bunnies with a book.


AUTHOR LINKS





GIVEAWAY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ