COLORING FOR A CAUSE
PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT LIFEAFTER PROJECT
BUY IT NOW!
ABOUT THE BENEFICIARY
Our MissionOur mission at the LifeAfter Project is to help others, plain and simple. We aim to support research and provide educational content designed to inspire and spread awareness for suicide prevention, substance abuse and domestic abuse throughout our nation and to all nations around the world.
National Suicide Prevention LifelineThe National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. Hours are 24/7. Toll free – 800 -273-TALK (8255).
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US. 4th leading cause for adults 15 – 64
- Each year 42,773 Americans die by suicide (Approximately 117 per day)
- For each suicide, 25 others attempt it (Total of 1,069,325)
- Suicide costs the US 44 Billion annually
- Females attempt suicide 3 times more often than males
- 90% of all who die of suicide have a diagnosable psychiatric disorder at the time of their death
- 25 million Americans suffer from depression
- Over half of the suicides in America stems from depression
- More Americans suffer from depression than coronary heart disease, cancer, and HIV/AIDS
- Depression is among the most treatable of psychiatric illnesses. Between 80 – 90% of people with depression respond positively to treatment, and almost all patients gain some relief from their symptoms. However, first, depression has to be recognized.