ECHOES OF YOU Release Boost




Title: Echoes of You
Author: Margaret McHeyzer
Genre: NA Dark College Romance
 Release Date: May 18, 2020



Blurb

At seven I was adopted by the most loving parents in the world.
In this perfect family, I also found my best friend, and sister Tina.
Throw into the mix my boyfriend Dylan, and my dog Zhen, life was good... until it wasn’t.
A catastrophic incident unearthed echoes of my past.
It left me no choice but to confront my inner demons.
Will I be able to live through this again?







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







Excerpt

Prologue

The palms of my hands are sweating.
Standing in front of an unassuming building, I look up to see its sheer size. Still, it’s inconspicuous because it looks exactly like all the other buildings surrounding it.
The sun breaks out just behind the brick building, casting the entrance into shadow.
Funny, that. Because I’ve been living in the shadows all my life. Now is the time for me to come out of the shadows, and speak my truth.
Speak our truth.
There’s a line of cars in front of the building, all marked with the same lettering.
My heart beats quickly as a shock of finality runs through my veins.
This is where part of me will die and another part of me will live.
All my life I’ve been worried about what people think of me. But I can’t continue on in a life where I’m only breathing. I need to learn to live.
I take several deep breaths, ready to cross the street and take the leap I’ve been longing for.
“You can do this,” I say to myself. The sun is moving higher, the shadow becoming smaller.
Yes, you can.
I look to my left, and to my right, checking for oncoming cars.
I keep walking, crossing the street. I know if I stop for even a second, I’ll talk myself out of going.
You can do it.
I walk until I come to the automated doors that slowly slide open.
Hopefully, they’ll believe you.
I head to the counter, where a woman with dark hair pulled back in a severe ponytail and wearing a uniform is working on a computer. She looks up, but remains seated. “Can I help you?” she says in a flat voice.
My hands tremble, so I knit them together to stop the emotion bursting to come forward.
“I, um,” my voice quivers with uncertainty.
“Are you okay?” She stands and comes closer to the counter. She looks behind me, searching for a hint as to why I’m so edgy.
“I, um, need to talk to the police unit who deals with sexual abuse.”






Author Bio

STRONG, BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS CHARACTERS.

**Write something worth reading**

I'm Margaret and I'm a self-published author.

Recently I was fortunate in obtaining New York Times best-selling status on my YA/NA book - Ugly, and my YA book - Mistrust.

My last six books have been YA and I'm completely in love with the genre. I love being able to communicate with people through my words and stories.

My writing genres all differ, but the one thing I keep consistent is my heroines. All my female lead characters are strong, gutsy and not the 'perfect' woman. While my books all have romantic elements in them, they aren't just about the romance. They're about finding strength, acceptance and making life long connections.

I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I have while writing them.


Author Links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ