Alluring Surrender


Excerpt

Alluring Surrender
Book 5 Bayou Stix
Copyright ©Skye Turner 2014

I turn to watch Cruz approach. The fact that heads turn as he passes, both male and female, is not lost on me. My stomach does flips. He sees me at the table and stops for a second. My heart drops, but then he smiles at me and the breath whooshes out of my chest. Thank God I’m sitting down because I’d collapse from the power of that smile. Dear God!
            Erik arrives at the table at the same time with a tray of coffees. He passes them out and pulls out a chair. Cruz sees my monster-sized coffee and says, “Do we need a coffee intervention here?”
            Taking a sip I let out a moan as it hits the back of my tongue. That is seriously like heaven. The coffee with the sweetness of the caramel and apple and then the creamy whipped cream… It should be illegal.
            Cruz smirks slightly at my reaction, though his eyes are wide and I see him watch me swallow. I lick my lips and he follows the trail with his eyes. He asks, “I guess that’s good?”
            I nod and hold my cup out. “It’s divine. Try it.”
            I’m daring him and I’ve forgotten that anyone else is even in the room. He stares at me and I see his light eyes darken as he covers my hand with his and guides the cup to his mouth. He takes a sip in the same spot as I just drank from.
            Suddenly butterflies are dancing in my stomach and I feel like I just went over the drop on a rollercoaster. I gasp as I watch him swallow. He has a tiny bit of whipped cream on the side of his mouth and I just want to lick it off. He pops his lips and wipes the side of his mouth before sucking the tiny bit of whipped cream off. Staring into my eyes, he says, “Yes, that is definitely good. Thanks for letting me sample your treat, Tif.”
            My mouth hangs open and the only thing that wakes me from my trance is the light coughing behind me. Shaking my head, I turn and see Dade, Melonie, and Erik all staring at us with wonder on their faces. I have no idea who even just coughed.
            Mel is looking from me to Cruz in glee and Dade is trying to hide a smirk. He says, “Well, I’ll be damned…”

Book links:








Meet the Characters.

Cruz Edwards- The talented drummer of Bayou Stix, the most famous rock band in the country. Behind his drum set, he’s a god. Playing is his escape from his tormented past. He’s a deeply tortured man and the scars of his conception and mixed parentage run deep, so deep his friends worry that eventually he’ll sink into the abyss of his own making. He holds everyone at arms-length and doesn’t allow anyone to get too close with the exception of his momma and band mates.

Tifanie Jeffries- Bellaforte is a fiercely strong woman. Her upbringing is the polar opposite of Cruz’s. She’s never wanted for anything and comes from one of the most influential families in Louisiana history. Her privileged upbringing smothered her and she’s worked harder than anyone to prove that she is capable of anything she sets her mind to. She is living proof that character and hard work are more important than a family name and wealth. She’s shunned her life of luxury and supports herself as a brilliant paramedic. She’s used to getting what she wants though not because she feels entitled.

                                                                               





Wednesday’s Post
Alluring Surrender’s Playlist







                                                                      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ