Some Call it Attraction Release

 




Title: Some Call It Attraction
Series: Sweet Dreams #5
Author: Sarah Peis
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Release Date: November 22, 2021


BLURB

Two best friends. One lie. A second chance neither of them expected.

He’s used to champagne and caviar; I’m used to burgers and boxed wine. We were as opposite as two people could get, yet we became best friends, anyway.

Turns out all it took to tear us apart was a lie.

The last thing I expected was to see him again years later on the set of a reality TV show I’m a contestant in. It doesn’t take long for us to fall back into an easy friendship I thought I’d lost forever. But the feelings I tried so hard to ignore refuse to stay dead and buried.

What will he do when he finds out that I lied all those years ago? Because I can’t walk away a second time. Not even when being with him could get me kicked off the show.

This is Rayna’s story and a second-chance, friends-to-lovers romantic comedy.


Note from the author: In order not to get kicked out of the good (okay goodish.... fine, sometimes good) girls club, I’d like to point out that I write steamy romcoms and my characters use bad language (sometimes) and like to get it on. There’s no cheating and all my books have a HEA.





PURCHASE LINKS

99c for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





EXCERPT

For once not overthinking everything, I held his hand while taking my first step on the beach. The sand was still warm, the sunset spectacular. The purple, orange, and pink sky looked like it was on fire. I took a few photos and sent them to Willa.
Grayson stole my phone and pulled me in to his side. “Smile.”
He took a few selfies with me, holding me in a comfortable hug. He was closer than he’d been in five years, and my palms became damp as my body went into overdrive.
Oblivious to my inner turmoil, he released me and handed my phone back. I stowed it in my back pocket, and he took my hand again, walking us down to the water.
“How does the reality match up with your expectations?” he asked after a moment.
“It’s even better.” And it was. Because not only did I finally get to experience the beach, but I got to do it with Grayson. And he was still holding my hand.
I braved one step into the water but then jumped back with a shriek. Too cold for me.
Grayson laughed at my exaggerated shiver. After he pulled me into the water a few more times, we walked along the beach, still holding hands.
A girl better not get used to this. Because it wasn’t real. Even though I didn’t think friends held hands like this. But who was I to question anything? I had no friends, no life, and no idea what I was doing.
Maybe this was what friends did these days.
Grayson slowed his steps, and our walk became more of a stroll. “So, you opened your bakery.”
“I certainly did. And I even called it Sweet Dreams.”
The name had been Grayson’s idea, and I’d loved it from the moment he first mentioned it.
“I’m so happy for you, Rayna. You did it.” He ran his thumb along my hand, his eyes crinkling at the corners. “One thing I know for sure: you can do anything you set your mind to.”
My face heated at his compliment. “Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I’m not sure it’s deserved.”
“Oh it’s deserved. Not believing in yourself has always been your biggest hurdle.”
It was hard to be self-confident with an upbringing like mine. And when the one person who had always been in my corner died, I nearly lost my way.
“I couldn’t have gotten to where I am without you,” I rasped, forever grateful he was there for me when I needed him most.






ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU






AUTHOR BIO

Supporter of all things written, defender of the e-book revolution and master of the take out order - I'm not afraid to say I can’t cook, go a week without breaking something, read labels correctly or park cars in a straight line.

I love the written word in all forms and shapes and if I'm not glued to a book I'm attempting to write one. I’m a frequent blonde moment sufferer and still trying to figure out how to adult. I live in Melbourne, Australia, with my two little humans, the holder of my heart and two furry demons. I love to hear from readers so feel free to get in touch.


AUTHOR LINKS


GIVEAWAY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ