KING OF Lies Release

 




Title: King of Lies
Series: King University #1
Author: Nikki Pennington
Genre: College Romance
Release Date: June 21, 2021


BLURB

King University is home to an elite group of siblings.

Kai

One year ago, I made a stupid decision because I thought it was the right thing to do. I’ll never find someone to live up to Ivy Montgomery. All I do is push her away, and I can’t stop breaking her heart. With a last name like Kingston, I’m not meant to settle down with one girl.

Ivy

One year ago, I let a man break me apart. No matter what I do I can’t escape him. He’s everywhere. Can you ever really move on from a love that consumes you? Kai Kingston is known all over campus for breaking hearts, it’s no surprise he broke mine too.

Can two people find a way to stay together when one of them will do anything to try and keep them apart?







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

“Hey, didn’t you used to date Kai Kingston?” she asks, eyes wide.

“I am dating Kai Kingston,” I say, a little too defensively.

Did she just say used to? I watch her shift uncomfortably and pull on the hem of her shirt.

“Oh, um, I saw him earlier. I thought he was single again.” She shrugs, voice shaky, throwing her hand up in a wave before disappearing.

Why would she think that?

“I’m gonna take a walk around.” I say, leaning into Amanda.
 
“Okay, come find me when you’re done.” She gives me a thumbs up, apparently her night is going pretty well.

I wander through the thick crowd of people. It’s hot and uncomfortable in here. I’ve never really understood how people enjoy parties like this. It’s never been my thing.

I glance around the room; I haven’t seen Kai anywhere. I know he’s got to be around here somewhere; both of his brothers are here. I decide to head upstairs. Even if I don’t find him anywhere, I can run in the bathroom real quick and then tell Amanda I’m ready to leave.

I open the first door to my left when I get to the top of the stairs. I don’t know where to look or what to do as my pulse quickens, and my eyes fill with tears.

Have you ever felt true and honest heartbreak? The kind that knocks you off your feet and makes you feel like you can’t breathe?

I think I’d rather die than experience the pain I’m feeling right now.






AUTHOR BIO


Nikki Pennington lives in southern Illinois with her husband and four kids. As a young girl she loved writing stories in her journal and always dreamed of writing a book some day. When she isn't chasing her dreams, she's a lunch lady at a grade school. In her spacetime she enjoys binge watching Netflix and drinking wine.


AUTHOR LINKS




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stone & Shadows Release

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ