LANDON Release Boost

 




Title: Landon
Author: Cora Brent
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: April 22, 2021


BLURB

Autumn
It’s not that I’m hiding out in this hard luck little town.
Not exactly.
But I’m twenty-six years old, I’ve had one boyfriend, and he ditched me for my sister.
So I might be a little cynical.
Then again, perhaps a high school math teacher shouldn’t expect romance.
I’d be better off sticking to the good things in life, such as my job at Emblem High, my amazing circle of friends, and my vintage record collection.
I shouldn’t waste time beating myself up over past choices or crying over the people who betrayed me.
And I definitely shouldn’t obsess over the washboard abs belonging to the guy who just moved in down the hall.
There’s no denying Landon Gentry is hot.
He is also crude, sarcastic, messy and downright exasperating.
And he used to be my student.
Yeah, my new roommate might be the last guy I should be thinking about.
If only he didn’t turn out to be so much more than I ever imagined...

Landon
The football scholarship was my ticket out of town and I never planned to come back.
However, blowing out my knee in the last game of the season spelled the end of my college days.
Still, I wouldn’t have returned if not for my little brother.
He’s lost his way since I left.
And I’m the only one who cares enough to help him find it again.
Between working two jobs and trying to steer my brother back in line I’ve got enough to focus on.
I don’t need to get distracted by a quirky schoolteacher with a great body.
But Autumn’s more than just some sexy girl who rents a house with me.
She’s gorgeous and brilliant and clueless about the fact that she’s been my fantasy for years.
Seeing her right in front of me every day is just too tempting to pass up.
Even if giving in might mean disaster for us both...







PURCHASE LINKS

$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





EXCERPT

“So….” she says and then lets the word just kind of hang there.
I’m not sure how to respond so I just wait for her to continue. There’s a plain black and white wall clock above the couch and the secondhand ticks loudly.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
This is officially awkward.
“So…what?” I ask her.
She can’t decide what to do with her hands. They now move behind her back. She breathes in. She breathes out. “Now that you’re here, Landon, I think it’s time we had a talk.”
I haven’t a clue which direction she’s going with this. Maybe Nesto was right and this is about to veer someplace exciting. “What do you want to talk about, Autumn?”
She appears startled by the fact that I’m using her name. I don’t know why. She’s the one who told me to stop calling her Ms. Katsaros.
She takes a breath and clears her throat. She fidgets. My eyes wander. Thanks to those shorts I can see more of her legs than I’m used to seeing. They are way above average, her legs. And they’d look pretty fucking fantastic wrapped around my waist. It wouldn’t take much for me to forget my promise to maintain a sex free environment. I’m already hard.
Autumn bites her lip. “I just feel like we should clear the air about that incident on your last day at Emblem High.”
“That’s what you want to talk about?”
“Yes. I know it was over two years ago but I just want you to know that I’ve never mentioned it to anyone and now that we’re roommates I wouldn’t want you to feel embarrassed.”
“You mean because you saw my dick?”
She blinks. “That’s one way of putting it.”
“How else would you put it?”
“That I mistakenly walked in on you having a, well, a private moment.”
“Okay.” I shrug my shoulders. “I forgive you.”
Annoyance flashes in her eyes. “I wasn’t apologizing, Landon. You were in a place you shouldn’t have been and doing something you shouldn’t have been doing.”
At this point I don’t know what she wants to hear. “In that case, I’m sorry you saw my dick.”
“Just so we’re clear, I didn’t want to see your dick.
“Well, I didn’t intend to show you my dick.”
“Okay, well, that’s good. We’re on the same page. This is not an issue and we don’t need to talk about it.”
“Then why did you bring it up?”
“I just…never mind. It’s not a thing and it’s over and it’s in the past and it doesn’t need to become a thing.”
I’m honestly confused. “What’s not a thing? My dick?”
“Yes. No!” She’s flustered and has to breathe in and out again before continuing. “Look, the dynamic between us is very different now. I am not your teacher. You are not my student. What’s done is done. I don’t feel uncomfortable and you don’t either. So we can just move forward and have a pleasant association from now on.”
Her face has become all red. During her speech she started pacing around like she does when she’s lecturing in her classroom. She also talked very fast, as if she’s rehearsed what to say.
“Are you always like this?” I ask her.
She frowns. “Like what?”
“Like all jumpy and half hysterical over nothing.”
“I’m not hysterical. I am simply attempting to engage in some open and honest dialogue.”
“Seems like a waste of time to me.”
“That’s an immature attitude.”
“If you say so.”
She’s getting flustered again. “You’ll change your mind when you’ve lived a few more years.”
I laugh. “Yeah, you’re practically ready for retirement. What are you, twenty five?”
Her chin tilts up. “I’ll be twenty seven next month.”
I let out a low whistle. “Old enough to be my mother.”
She narrows her eyes. “Look, just clean up after yourself and don’t eat my cookie dough ice cream and we’ll get along great. Can you do that?”
“I think so.”
“Wonderful. I’ll leave you alone to get unpacked. Kitchen is that way. Washer and dryer are in that closet behind you. I’m sure you can figure the rest out yourself.”
She turns, marches to the opposite side of the living room and disappears down a hallway. A second later I hear a door shut.






AUTHOR BIO


Cora Brent was born in a cold climate and escaped as soon as it was legally possible. Now, she lives in the desert with her husband, two kids and a prickly pear cactus she has affectionately named ‘Spot’. Cora’s closet is filled with boxes of unfinished stories that date back her 1980’s childhood and all her life she has dreamed of being an author. Amazingly, she is now a New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer of contemporary romance and begs not to be awakened from this dream.


AUTHOR LINKS




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beards & BABIES Release

COCKTAILS & crushes SALE BLITZ

Love Me COVER & BLURB REVEAL